Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Candid Reaction Pictures

I love photos by Tom Robinson.  He knows how to take perfectly gorgeous, simple pictures.  I first heard about him with his Feet First project.  He took pictures of his and his girlfriend’s feet while they were traveling. 

It makes me want to go someplace gorgeous.

Lately, I heard about his I'm Going To Be a Dad project.  He told My Modern Met, “Hand on heart, absolutely none of the reactions are staged. My friends and family are used to me having a camera hanging on my shoulder, so it wasn't out of character when I said, "Hey, can I take a photo of you?" I'd snap a few frames, then while continuing to hold the camera up, I'd move my head to one side and say, "Guess what [pause], I'm going to be a dad." Snap, snap, snap.”

 

Martin- he's already a dad so was very happy

Harwin- hates children

His wife’s brothers (who soon went back to their computer game)

One day, when I’m pregnant, this is how I’m going to tell everyone.  Maybe also when I get engaged some day.  It would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment