Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sewing Summit: Day 3

Today featured Free Motion Quilting with Allison from Cluck Cluck Sew (where I learned about this shindig in the first place!).

DSC_0252

Then was Improv Piecing with Jess from Urban Patchwork.

DSC_0255

Both classes were challenging and inspirational.  Improve Piecing was definitely a step outside my comfort zone, but my block turned out great.

DSC_0260

Free Motion Quilting made me want to quilt more!  I think the next quilt I do is going to need to be machine quilted.  And it will definitely need to be Free Motion quilting.  There’s a different type of creativity that Free Motion Quilting takes that you don’t get from a quilt pattern.

DSC_0257

DSC_0258

DSC_0259

Once again I ended up with a ton of ideas and inspirations and spent my afternoon planning out quilts.  And I’m definitely going next year!  (And dragging my Mom along for the ride!)

No comments:

Post a Comment